You’ve heard that “content is king,” but without a clear strategy, your content might not be an effective part of your lead generation process that helps grow your business.
Modern SEO requires quality content as search engines and algorithms become more advanced and people become savvier in finding the information they need. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways you can use content in your lead generation process:
- Social media.
- Webinars/online courses.
- Downloads (ebooks, whitepapers, etc.).
However, to use these channels effectively, you need to understand what steps will get you more qualified leads:
- Do your research: The best way to create quality content that generates leads is to understand what your audience wants and needs.
- Choose keywords carefully: Use planning tools to find the keywords and phrases (including longtail keywords) that people are searching for.
- Create quality content: Demonstrate your expertise in a subject while providing useful insight or information to your audience.
- Entice readers with exclusive offers: Include a compelling offer for your audience to sign up and download case studies, whitepapers, and ebooks or participate in webinars and online courses.
- Promote content: Use social media, paid advertising and other channels to get content in front of the right audience.
- Nurture leads: Once you have contact information, nurture your leads with email campaigns.
- Make opt-ins available everywhere: Create opt-in forms anywhere you publish content (website, blog, social media). Additionally, track conversion analytics.
- Report and improve: Create reports to track high-performing content, keywords, landing pages, emails and more so you can continually improve your strategy.
Ultimately, content marketing is critical to success in today’s digital-driven world. By following these important steps, you can improve your lead generation process. To learn more, download the Tempesta Media ebook on 100 mistakes companies make in their content marketing programs.