As a business, you always look for ways to sell your solutions. You can use the combined power of content marketing and email marketing to drive success.
Informative, useful and engaging content will help retain existing customers and attract new ones. With email, your content has a direct and personalized avenue to get to your clients. However, the success of email marketing depends on the quality of the content you send through, and the success of the email content is affected by the methods you use for the email campaign.
Thus, content marketing and email marketing are a powerful duo that can maximize your success, but you have to approach both in the right way.
Content marketing and email marketing use content as a common tool to achieve the goal of generating leads. If you analyze your audience correctly and adhere to a content marketing strategy, it is possible to achieve excellent results that will drive your B2B marketing success on a long-term basis.
There are several types of content, all of which are better suited for certain distribution channels, for example:
- White papers.
- Articles in blogs.
- Posts in social media.
- Guest posts.
Newsletters are great options for use in email marketing since customers often look for specific updates and changes via their email.
Many people associate email marketing with spam or intrusive messages, but this is not the case. Email marketing is how a business communicates with a subscriber or customer through relationship building or sales. Marketers love email marketing for its affordability, high ROI and the ability to leverage the channel, both to generate revenue and communicate with customers.
Email marketing can also be one of the strongest tools for achieving your content marketing goals. According to the CMI benchmark report, 81% of B2B businesses use it. Other content types include:
- Social media content: 95%
- Blog posts: 89%
- Videos: 71%
Using email marketing to promote your B2B business has many benefits, including ease of implementation and cost-effectiveness.
If you want to get the most out of your email campaigns, focus on these main steps:
- Prepare a list of high-quality potential clients.
- Compose the appropriate text for your email, depending on your goals. Don’t forget about personalization.
- Optimize your email marketing campaigns.
- Promote leads generated from email campaigns further down the sales funnel.
- After the email campaign ends, save your contact list for future use. Deleting uninterested contacts in order to get quality results in the future.
Content and email marketing partnership
Content marketing and email marketing intertwine often, with their combined capabilities offering you the chance at great outreach, response and success. Here are a couple of examples:
- Placing calls to action in blog articles to encourage readers to fill out a subscription form with their email.
- Creating email campaigns for customers who are at different stages of the marketing funnel. Content is also created according to the audience’s stage of the marketing funnel.
- Pairing successful blog posts with email campaigns to further promote the article while providing valuable information to email subscribers.
You can measure B2B marketing success through bottom-funnel results. One of the most effective ways to achieve it is by combining content marketing and email marketing. When done right, you can drive B2B marketing success by building relationships with your clients, getting new customers and building your brand awareness.
If you have a content marketing program or are planning one, download our e-book 100 Mistakes Businesses Make When Starting, Optimizing and Scaling Content Marketing Programs.
This e-book will walk you through the mistakes of hundreds of other companies and the challenges they faced in implementing their content marketing programs. To learn more about how Tempesta Media can help you streamline your content creation process and deliver quality content at scale, contact us today.