5 MIN. READ
The right partner can help you expand your marketing capacity while also cutting costs. Find out how managed services marketing achieves both.
Marketing is a major challenge for companies of all sizes. It’s even harder on a budget. Managed services marketing can help you expand your efforts while keeping the bottom line in check. Find out more below.
1. Provide a cost-effective marketing solution
Today’s marketing, communications, and advertising world is more complex than ever. It involves many moving parts to account for in your business strategy.
It’s especially difficult if you can’t hire a large internal marketing team. Even if you can though, managing one with the technology and automation involved is an arduous task.
Teams need specialized skills in various areas. That includes:
- Content marketing.
- Online advertising.
- Email campaigns.
- Search engine optimization.
- Influencer marketing.
- Social media marketing.
There are many more niche subcategories, and most companies lack the resources to hire people with all these skills. They also don’t want to hire traditional advertising agencies – these often come with complex fee structures and high overheads.
Managed marketing services are the right mix of both. You get access to skilled professionals who can help you create a marketing plan. They supplement your internal team’s knowledge and expertise to improve what you’re already doing. It’s an affordable marketing solution for businesses of all sizes.
2. Reduce internal resource demands
Good marketing requires skilled team members with access to the latest technology, as mentioned earlier. But there is more to it – they must have the time and the tools to achieve results. Unfortunately, time and tools are often elusive to internal marketing teams, who often wear many hats and are forced to stretch their resources thin.
To give your program the best chance at success, your team needs:
- Content creation systems: This includes the actual writers who can generate good content for your audience and the system in which they write for a streamlined process. Either internal or external, content management and quality control take a lot of resources.
- Digital marketing tools: Think PPC and SEO tools, email platforms, CRM systems, and more. The trends and best practices for all of these change regularly, and you need a dedicated team to optimize content based on the updates.
- Publishing and editing tools: These include plagiarism checkers, social media publishing, and A/B testing. You may have good information and a solid article in theory, but without the fine-tuning and back-end work that comes with optimizing a piece, it won’t perform well.
- Analytics: This includes anything from web analytics to individual breakdowns available for all the above efforts. Keeping tabs on them requires the attention of your best marketing minds.
A managed services marketing partner can help save internal resources spent on all technology-related tasks so you can focus on nurturing and converting customers. Essentially, a marketing partner gives you access to all of these tools without your long-term investment or your team’s valuable time.
3. Improve operational efficiency
Businesses run better when everyone is working toward common strategic goals. Managed service providers help you outline a clear strategy for your content and digital marketing. They provide guidelines to create campaigns and deploy them.
Indeed, good vendors will have best practices in place on how to:
- Create engaging materials that fit your style guide.
- Optimize content and websites for your buyer personas.
- Work with your unique expertise to help reach thought leadership status.
- Introduce tried and tested ways of reducing your marketing overhead.
This allows you to focus on the business side of the enterprise, and it greatly reduces marketing headaches without sacrificing your program.
4. Improve team productivity
When companies don’t provide employees with the resources they need, they get burned out. Employees feel exhausted, negative, and cynical about the work they are doing. As a result, their performance suffers.
Unfortunately, a recent study found that two-thirds of employees were feeling some level of burnout. This costs companies billions of dollars every year and results in missed work days, higher healthcare costs, and higher employee turnover.
In many companies, marketing employees are constantly asked to do more with fewer resources. They struggle to create effective campaigns that drive leads while keeping up with a heavy workload. Oftentimes, that leads to costly lapses in your campaigns and even more costly lapses in your employees’ performance and well-being.
A managed services provider in marketing can help reduce the load and increase productivity. They can help your internal employees by completing a lot of the legwork involved in content strategy, content creation, and publishing. This reduces the demand for more internal hiring, offers support for your overworked team and keeps costs low while continually churning out quality content.
Build better campaigns with managed services marketing
Managed services marketing is one of the easiest ways to reduce costs for your business. It minimizes the need for internal resources and improves operational efficiency by bolstering your team and allowing them to thrive in a few areas rather than struggle in many. Essentially, you get great campaigns with lower costs, without sacrificing anything.
Find out how Tempesta Media’s managed content solutions can help you build better marketing campaigns with less overhead. For more tips on how to optimize your program, download our e-book to discover 100 mistakes companies often make when establishing their strategies.