5 MIN. READ
Building brand visibility is an essential part of a financial services marketing strategy that will keep you at the top of customers’ minds.
It’s not easy to build a brand, especially in financial services. Digital experiences are accelerating and consumers have more choices than ever. Effective marketing strategies can help you stand out, increase brand visibility, and build trust.
Here are some high-impact strategies you can use to market your financial services business.
Optimize digital user experience (UX)
Digital interactions have become the most common way consumers connect with financial institutions. From doing everyday banking to getting mortgage loans and investing in a 401(k), financial services live online. One bad experience with your brand can hurt buyer confidence and destroy your brand’s reputation.
As the world moves past COVID-19, the shift to a mostly digital world is likely to remain for financial services companies. That means doubling down on brand experiences online to give customers what they need. The best ways to do that include:
- Digital audits: Many banks and financial institutions have the technological capacity to meet customers’ digital demands. But they don’t use them effectively. Audit your user experience online to make sure it’s a seamless path for customers.
- Addressing UX gaps: These are gaps between what a consumer expects and what they actually experience. They create a negative brand experience. Most come in the form of poor design, poor execution, lack of value, and lack of feedback on how to improve.
- Strategic marketing: Marketing has the power to build your brand. But that only works if it’s used the right way. Campaigns should incorporate many channels and powerful content to create better user experiences.
- Mobile-first design: Millennials and Gen Z are steadily moving towards online banking. They generally use phones to access all financial services. Whether B2B or B2C, optimizing for mobile is a must.
Turn your data into insightful personalized user experiences
A person’s financial story is very personal. Whether someone is starting a business, opening their first bank account, or buying a home, it’s a big milestone in their life. Using the information that you have about where a customer is in their journey can help you create a more personalized experience.
When a brand delights its customers, they are more likely to remain loyal. Do this by creating a customized pathway to take advantage of the tools and services you offer.
Integrate storytelling videos
- Define your marketing goals.
- Make sure videos capture your voice. (Most financial services companies want to convey a professional, trustworthy, and knowledgeable tone.)
- Build trust by offering good information.
- Educate people about big (and sometimes confusing) financial topics.
- Ask your users to submit their own videos that tell a story.
Relate with the target audience through social media channels and websites
Website and social media present opportunities to develop long-lasting brand relationships with consumers. The key is to create interesting content to publish online. Your content must meet consumers’ needs to build and solidify that emotional connection. You can do that through:
- Writing blog posts that answer consumers’ common financial questions.
- Creating how-to videos that explain various parts of a financial journey.
- Making financial education content to help people feel more confident in their decisions.
- Creating a community where consumers feel they belong on social media.
Build your financial services brand
Online interactions are here to stay in the financial sector. To nurture these consumer relationships, companies must invest in marketing for brand visibility. You can do that through personalized user experiences, video marketing, and content marketing.
Talk to Tempesta Media today to learn how our managed content services solution can help you develop trust with your audience. To discover other ways you can optimize your content marketing program to achieve success and stronger client relationships, download our e-book on 100 mistakes companies often make when implementing their strategies.