The Business Development Executive (BDE) will be responsible for driving new managed service subscriptions. The BDE will be required to prospect for new business via phone and email. This is a fully remote position, giving the BDE the ability to work with an innovative company from their location.
The ideal candidate has a track record of sales quota achievement, is comfortable communicating with C-level prospects, and enjoys working in a friendly, fast-paced, creative environment.
The compensation and career development plans are targeted towards overachievers. Six-figure compensation OTE (on-target earnings). Salary, commissions, and bonuses are part of the compensation package. Earnings are uncapped and designed to provide market-leading compensation to top performers. In addition, Tempesta Media offers a competitive benefits package; including stock options, generous paid time off (PTO), and insurance.
The vast majority of the business development executive’s time will be spent on the following:
- Prospecting into multiple organizations via cold-calling, e-mail, and social networking.
- Articulate the company’s value proposition to decision-makers in order to assess their needs, alignment with our solution and purchase intent.
- Develop proposals that solve prospects’ pain points.
- Close and successfully transition the relationship to the customer success and service delivery team.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Tempesta Media’s managed service– and clearly articulate those capabilities, advantages, and benefits to prospective customers.
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, etc.).
- Collaborating with team members, to optimize the sales and marketing process.
This business development executive role is a full-time position and will initially report to Tempesta Media’s CEO and later CRO.
- MS Office or Google Office.
- Previous CRM experience (e.g.; HubSpot, Salesforce).
- Extensive understanding and usage of social networks.
Professional skills and experience
- At least 1 year of experience selling a SaaS or tech-enabled solution to small and mid-sized businesses.
- Experience selling at the $25,000+ annual price point.
- Previous experience exceeding quota (must be documented).
- Previous formal sales training or a degree in sales and marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Superior phone prospecting skills
- Excellent follow-up/follow-through with prospects.
Before applying for the business development executive position, be sure to learn more about our platform.