Social media has become a major part of marketing and networking for businesses. With millions of different corporate pages and profiles across all social media platforms, you need to make sure your company has a strong social media presence to capture potential customers. A social media management company that offers custom services can help you save time while successfully managing your social media networks.
Many entrepreneurs are overwhelmed by social media because it is time-consuming to maintain an active presence for their business across channels. Fortunately, there’s a solution that can help you stay on top of all the competition on social media.
Social media management companies or social media managed service providers can handle all the processes connected with social media activity for you. It’s difficult to assess the numerous advantages that these kinds of services can bring to your company. Social media management companies can provide support starting in the early stages, such as account creation, and stick with you all the way through to setting up paid campaigns for lead generation.
Creating accounts on social media
A good social media management company can help you create and manage your social media accounts and ensure they stay up to date and relevant. But first, it’s necessary to identify the appropriate social media management channel. Professionals who help craft your social media marketing strategy from scratch know the latest trends and data, which helps them make an appropriate decision.
Based on the latest statistics, Facebook is the most popular social media for B2C as well as B2B. When creating an account, you should consider a lot of factors. But the first questions a social media management company will ask you are:
- What are your business goals?
- Who is your target audience and which social media channels do they use?
Just starting with these two questions, an expert group of social media managers will be able to create accounts on the appropriate social media channels for your business and design an original, custom social media marketing strategy, by using the best social media practices.
Depending on the package option you choose with your social media managed service provider, a good social media management company may also train your internal employees on some social media services. The best part is that they’re always available to take care of any updates or changes needed in your account when necessary.
Social media is an important part of your content marketing strategy. For that reason, you need to ensure your company maintains a strong presence on as many social channels as possible. Understanding how to develop an online presence and advertise on multiple social platforms has become a vital component of every business’s success, with billions of individuals on social media internationally.
Some benefits of having a social media presence
As a brand, you can reach out to millions of people in a matter of seconds through the power of social media. You don’t have to worry about the overhead costs because social media is your best friend when you’re trying to reach a large audience for a low cost. By using social media for even a small part of your marketing strategy, you can gain a lot of visibility for your brand.
The beauty of social media is that it’s constantly evolving and offering new features and ways to interact with consumers. With a social media management company as your business partner, you will be able to see the latest social media best practices in action in the most effective way.
Social media branding
Branding is crucial since it creates a lasting impression on customers and informs them about what to expect from your business. It’s a technique that helps you stand out from the crowd and state exactly what makes you the better option.
Social media is important to your branding efforts. As you design your social media pages, focus on information and images that strengthen your brand. By answering these kinds of questions, a social media company can create a powerful branding strategy to promote your company on social media:
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- What’s special about you?
- Why should I care about you?
To build a strong brand, you need to have a solid social media presence. If you want people to use your products or services, they have to connect with your brand.
However, building a brand on social media is not as easy as just creating a Facebook page (though you can learn to do it well). You need to understand the type of content people are interested in seeing. If you are just starting out on social media, It can be challenging for you to figure out and take into account all the small pieces, like the type of content you should be posting to pique your audience’s interest.
Branding is necessary to establish an identity and recognition for your products and services. Your followers and consumers are more likely to buy from a brand that they know and trust, and more likely to stay loyal to a brand they have already developed a relationship with.
Social media SEO
Social media optimization, or SMO, is about attracting visitors to your social media pages. It is very different from search engine optimization, but has the same goal of increasing traffic to your pages.
SMO is considered one of the most important components of marketing today. One key difference between SMO and traditional SEO is the fact that unlike search engine results, social media crawling cannot be automated by software. It is updated almost in real time, making it very difficult for robots to determine when they have updated data.
Content creation for social media
Social media content creation is a more complex procedure than it looks. Your team may not be finding success on their own, as it can be time-consuming and difficult to manage. It also requires creativity and constant attention to social media trends.
Many companies struggle with this aspect of marketing for a few reasons. The most common stumbling blocks in social media content creation are:
- Not knowing your audience and their problems and interests.
- Not knowing the types of content that work best for social media.
- Not understanding the focus of a particular social network and how to identify the right type of content for each social media channel.
- Not having a social media editorial calendar in place.
- Lack of automation of the content planning and posting processes.
- Not using hashtags and other tricks to increase the visibility of published social media content.
Best types of social media content
It is important to know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to using the most popular social media platforms. And, since social media use has increased dramatically over the last few years, it’s crucial that your company’s social media content is top-notch.
If you want your social media content to work for you, then you should create content that will generate interest and boost traffic to your business. Here are some of the best-performing content types for social media:
- Written posts, articles and e-guides. These kinds of posts can help you gain credibility and improve your reputation by showing your knowledge within the industry.
- Curated content. By presenting relevant articles and resources from other sources that you trust, you can share the latest industry updates and provide your audience with a piece of valuable information that you haven’t outlined yet in your own blog.
- Reviews and testimonials. People value other people’s opinions and experiences over what a company claims, so testimonials and reviews are vital.
- Announcements. Spreading the word about new goods, events, live streams and other significant events can help generate buzz and keep people informed about what’s going on with your company. Audiences adore getting behind-the-scenes information about their favorite stores and companies!
- Images. Long-form blogs are far less digestible and compelling than visual content. Smartphone cameras can produce breathtaking images, and various applications make it easy to edit them.
- Infographics. These are used to accompany explanations, data and other written concepts. Infographics are tops at communicating complex ideas.
- Videos. It’s convenient to record videos, and they’re highly entertaining. How-to tutorials, video tours, and product updates and demos are all examples of fantastic video content that may improve website traffic and revenue.
The importance of hashtags for social media
Hashtags are words or phrases preceded by the pound sign. When you click on a hashtag, you can see all of the posts on that particular subject. Hashtags help connect content to the person seeking it without requiring them to search for it in a specific app.
Hashtags can be used in a variety of ways. They can categorize a post to make it easier for others to search and find. They can be used to add a source or location to a post. For example, when posting from an event, you might add the name of the event to provide context. The above scenario wouldn’t necessarily be classified as a chat tool, but could be if the users add that functionality themselves.
An abundance of companies offer social media management services, but there are two main types. One service makes the most of the platforms by creating content and engaging with customers appropriately. The second service helps with your overall social media strategy, whether its focus is on selling or building a community.
Tempesta Media is the second type of company, with full service. As a part of Tempesta Media’s managed service, a team of professionals can create a comprehensive social media content marketing strategy for you, starting with analyzing your competitors’ environment by providing actionable insights and recommendations for their implementation. Our social media professionals can manage your social media production from the moment of account creation, through every step of production and improvement.
Publishing social media content
The internet is a fast-paced world where content is king. If you always want to be known as an industry leader, you will need to make sure you are publishing useful and evergreen content on your social media accounts. But who has the time to go through all of the information you find, make it interesting for your audience and also make sure it is shared in the right way?
Keeping up with content publishing on social media can be a full-time job. With so many posts to schedule and so much engagement to monitor, it can be completely overwhelming. A social media management company will essentially do all of this for you.
Maintain the right posting frequency
Posting frequency is only one part of the equation when you’re trying to get people to click on your posts, and it’s something you should look into when creating your publishing schedule.
One of the most important steps a social media management company takes is to develop a posting strategy for social media. In other words, what social media channels will your company post to, and how frequently? It sounds easy enough, but it can actually be a bit tricky if it’s overlooked.
To help you figure out your social media posting frequency, we’ve put together a list of the most popular social media platforms, along with the best recommendations for publishing frequency:
- Facebook: 1-2 posts per day.
- Twitter: 1-2 times per day, but no more than 3-5 times per day. Be careful.
- LinkedIn: 1 post per business day, which is 20 posts per month. Companies that post weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x higher engagement rate.
Don’t forget about the time
We all know there can never be just one formula for what works and what doesn’t when it comes to the best time to post on social media. It’s unique to each business and its specific audience.
So, let’s take a look at some general rules of the best time to post on social media to get the greatest reach for your company’s social media accounts:
- Facebook: Try to keep your post timing between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Twitter: Mornings and late evenings are the best times to post on Twitter. Try publishing between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. or between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- LinkedIn: Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m. Post on Wednesday from 8–10 a.m. and at noon, on Thursday at 9 a.m. and 1–2 p.m., and on Friday at 9 a.m.
When posting times are used correctly, your social media can help you reach new customers and increase sales. Tempesta Media’s platform, along with its social media solutions, specifically its Simple Social Share™ feature, allow you to use one centralized dashboard to create, schedule, publish and optimize social media posts while getting higher ROI and ROT.
Analyzing your social media program performance
It is important to analyze your social media data to see if there are any ways you can improve your use of social media. If you don’t take the time to analyze the data, you will fail to optimize and scale your social media marketing program.
The analysis should include data about your target audience, the type of content, the timeline and other factors that are important for your business. The social media management company will focus on finding out what works and what doesn’t, where improvement can be made and new ideas for social media marketing campaigns.
It will take time to analyze your social media program’s performance from all angles. This includes using analytics not only from your own websites, but also from the social media platforms where you are promoting your business. You can learn a lot about your customers by paying close attention to these statistics. For instance, through analytics, you may find that a certain social media platform is not providing you with nearly as much traffic as you think it should be.
Here are some social media program performance metrics that a social media management company will definitely pay attention to while performing the analysis:
- Engagement (clicks, likes, shares and comments). The engagement rate is frequently used to determine how active your audience is with your social media content and how effective your brand efforts are. Consumers who are engaged interact with brands through behaviors like “likes,” comments and social sharing.
- Awareness (impressions and reach). Impressions and reach are both critical metrics to evaluate, especially if your social goals are focused on brand awareness and perception.
- Share of voice (volume and sentiment). Volume and sentiment are two factors that influence how much of a person’s voice is heard. A measure known as share of voice is frequently employed in public relations as well as in competitive research and paid advertising campaigns. It shows how much of the online world your company is involved in. If you’re a Chicago-based surgery clinic, for example, you can see how many people are talking about your business online in comparison to your competitors.
- ROI (referrals and conversions). Both sales and marketing goals, as well as major business goals, are linked to social referral traffic and conversions.
You can benefit your business now by hiring a social media management company. A social media management company can help you promote your business, increase your follower count and enhance your target customer base.
A social media management company can cover everything from social media strategy and implementation to the daily operations needed to keep a profile running effectively. Most social media management operations take a considerable amount of time. This is time you can better spend focusing on increasing revenue and other important aspects of your business while still developing and maintaining your company’s online presence on various social media sites and reaching out to new and potential customers.
Enlisting the help of a social media management company is one of the best decisions you can make for your business.