Healthcare consumers seek answers online. Medical content marketing services provide a way for you to combine giving them solutions and solving your business goals.
Healthcare consumers are aching for answers. The pandemic amped that up:
- 67.5-81.5% of Americans collect health-related information online.
- 7% of Google searches are health-related.
- That’s 70,000 health-related searches per minute.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has kept a steady eye on this. There is concern about misinformation online and related distrust. The NIH found people are flocking to online sources of health information. But they largely distrust non-professional online sources.
This opens the door wide for you to renew a program of medical content marketing services. This promises patients that your information is reliably what they need. It also provides a new way for you to connect with audiences in business-strategic ways.
How do content marketing and inbound strategy converge?
The giants of the Golden Age of Advertising — William Bernbach and David Ogilvy — taught industry creatives to push an idea out to audiences by first considering how they interact with content. This was the genesis of inbound marketing.
Content marketing unleashes inbound marketing strategy. The old “outbound” strategy was a hard push for a single sale. Inbound pulls audiences through the funnel using content to engage audience relationships for lasting results. Healthcare content marketing shares your practice’s online material (blogs, social media, audio, video, etc.) that is not a hard push. It’s there to stimulate interest, convince customers of your brand’s value, and guide them to respond often.
How does content marketing help your medical practice?
Medical content marketing services deliver content that answers patients’ most concerning medical questions. Giving them solutions in an easy-to-understand language is key to your success. Depending on your specialties, produce content that patients will trust about the healthcare you provide. Even the more trusted sources online (WebMD, Mayo Clinic, The CDC) fail at this individualized level people seek.
What are some medical content marketing services tips?
Tips for your medical content marketing services include:
- Write to your audience using your voice – professional, knowledgeable, honest, and friendly.
- Make the latest research easy to understand. One of your goals is to educate people and help them be more informed about their situations.
- Create content for their entire patient lifecycle. This will enable you to help people at any stage of their journey, which will help you get more patients.
- Make sure your content is shareable. Today’s consumers communicate on the internet. Make your content easily shareable on social media to broaden your reach.
- Use video. Nearly 95% of marketers say that video helps users understand their produce or service better.
How can you develop engaging content?
Your practice’s website needs a blog with content that best serves patients’ needs. Here are a few items to consider:
- Track questions and common topics your patients have to inspire future content ideas.
- Consider medical news and what is trending in your specialty to become a thought leader and trusted expert in the industry.
- Create infographics (great actionable content) that make medical issues easy to understand. Then condense information into an ebook and link it through social media. This multi-channeled approach will help you gain visibility.
- Don’t limit yourself. Do a guest blog. Do an interview on a podcast. Repurpose old content.
- Become an influencer. It’s the smaller influencers (micro or niche) that are creating the best ROI.
How can you amplify your content?
You have many avenues to pursue amplification:
- Healthcare social media marketing is a gateway for your medical content marketing services.
- Emails are also a powerful healthcare content marketing tool. They personalize messaging throughout the patient’s lifecycle.
- Push notifications and text messaging carry content directly to patients for maximum convenience.
- Your online patient portal is a great way to deliver custom content and communications.
Partner with an expert
Embrace inbound strategies with your medical content marketing services program. Thanks in part to COVID-19, the healthcare industry now relies heavily on content marketing to support the needs of millions who are searching for answers every day. Use this to your advantage. Develop an integrated content marketing healthcare strategy for your business growth:
- Set goals.
- Understand your audience.
- Develop content.
- Identify channels for promotion.
- Implement your plan.