Manager, Software Engineering
Do something that matters.
Tempesta Media seeks a Manager, Software Engineering for its Manila office. Join the Martech pioneer in content and influencer marketing. Through our revolutionary technology platform and more than 20,000 continuously vetted professional writers and influencers, we help more than 5,000 companies tap into the power of content and influencer marketing to drive revenue. Headquartered in Chicago, we are a proud graduate of technology incubator 1871.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE
We are on a mission to change the world of digital marketing. We are innovators in both the solutions we provide and the corporate culture we instill in all our employees and stakeholders. The pace is fast, fun and intellectually challenging. As a cutting-edge company, we encourage team members to push the limits of innovation and improve themselves. We combine the innovation and creativity of a start-up environment, with the stability and benefits of an established organization.
MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING – ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager, Software Engineering will be responsible for driving the day-to-day operations of our growing engineering team. This hands-on role requires a combination of management and software engineering experience. You and your team will develop new features for our technology platform. In addition, you will be implementing various integrations between the Tempesta Media platform and other third-party platforms. From time to time, there will also be new software applications that are independent of the core platform, which will require development. The position expectations are:
- 40% Architecture/API design and specifications development
- 30% Team and project management
- 30% Hands-on full stack development
The ideal candidate has a track record of successfully developing applications in a start-up or early-stage, technology-driven organization. This means being able to work at different levels within the organization, handling the entire development life cycle process and rolling up his/her sleeves on tactical tasks, like code debugging, code documentation, etc.
The vast majority of the Manager, Software Engineering’s time will be spent on the following areas of responsibility:
- Interfacing with engineering team and CEO on product development and engineering plans, problem analysis and resolution
- Performing hands-on, full-stack development with an emphasis on architecture, coding and analysis of third party integrations
- Collaborating with team members to optimize the software development process and associated deliverables
This is a mid-level position. This position will have a small and growing team (both in office and remote) to it, but will be required to interact and collaborate with other members of the company’s management team. The position will report to the CEO.
- At least 3 years of systems architecture experience
- At least 2 years of staff management experience
- At least 5 years of full-stack software engineering experience, with a preference of 7 or more years
- Previous start-up experience mandatory
- Previous experience working with internal and external developers in a distributed environment
- Previous full stack development experience
- Insatiable desire to learn
- Always taking the initiative
- Passionate team player
- Honesty, ethics and integrity
- Analytical, problem solver
- Excellent follow-up/follow-through skills
- BS Systems Engineering or equivalent degree, with a Masters degree or equivalent preferred
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, self-starter, who genuinely wants to build a successful company, develop their skills and improve the lives of writers
- Previous marketing application development
- Previous digital media application development
- Prior job history includes systems/application architecture
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, flat organization with no politics
- Loves learning and applying new knowledge into real-world applications
- Wants their efforts to be recognized by leadership as impactful on the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Internally driven and passionate about the work they do
- Team-oriented and feels comfortable working individually and as part of a group
- Desired technology skills: Apache or similar, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, Amazon Route 53, Big data (Hadoop), Predictive analytics, Agile methodology, JSON and AJAX
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Careers@TempestaMedia.com. Please include the position title and your name in the subject line of your email.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.