Sales Development Representative
Do something that matters.
Tempesta Media is a leading provider of content and influencer marketing solutions. Through our revolutionary technology platform and more than 19,000 continuously vetted professional writers and influencers, we help more than 5,000 companies tap into the power of content and influencer marketing to drive revenue. Headquartered in Chicago, we are a proud graduate of technology incubator 1871.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE
We are on a mission to change the world of digital marketing. Tempesta Media is looking for entrepreneurs who can think outside the box and want to help build a great company. We are innovators in both the solutions we provide and the corporate culture we instill in all our employees and stakeholders. The pace is fast, fun and intellectually challenging. As a cutting-edge company, we encourage team members to push the limits of innovation and improve themselves. We combine the innovation and creativity of a start-up environment, with the stability and benefits of an established organization.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for generating new revenue from new enterprises, by successfully identifying and qualifying new customers. The Sales Development Representative will be required to prospect for new business via phone and email to our in-house database.
The ideal candidate has a track record of sales quota achievement, is comfortable communicating with C-level prospects and enjoys working in a friendly, fast-paced, creative environment. This position is entry-level in nature and serves as a foundational career opportunity within Tempesta Media, as it gives the employee the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple departments.
The compensation and career developments plan are targeted towards overachievers. Tempesta Media offers a competitive benefits package; including stock options, generous paid time off (PTO), health, dental, and vision insurance.
The vast majority of the Sales Coordinator’s time will be spent on the following areas of responsibility:
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold-calling, e-mail and utilizing Internet information sources.
- Articulate the Company’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest.
- Achieve or exceed goal for meetings completed by BDE on a monthly basis.
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call with BD
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospect
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Company technology – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customer
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance and data entry, correspondence, and communications)
- Provide weekly activity report to managemen
- Collaborating with team members, to optimize the sales and marketing process
The full-time position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Old Town and will report directly to the head of sales.
- MS Office
- Previous CRM experience (e.g. ZOHO, Salesforce)
- Uses social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
Professional skills & experience
- At least 1 year of experience selling into businesses
- Previous experience exceeding quota (must be documented)
- Previous formal sales training or a degree in sales and marketing
- Relevant experience selling into businesses
- Excellent email communication skills
- Superior phone prospecting skills
- Excellent follow-up/follow-through skills
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills
- Has a sense of urgency and enjoys working in a fast-paced, flat organization with no politics
- Integrity, ethics
- Team player
- Intellectually curious
- Desire to learn and take direction
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Careers@TempestaMedia.com. Please include the position title and your name in the subject line of your email.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.