Crafting engaging content that provides value is crucial for conversions, but getting people to read your content in the first place can be challenging. The answer lies in using efficient strategies to promote your blog.
Below, discover a few tips to help you get started:
- Optimize your blog. Utilize SEO techniques like including strong keywords in your URLs, titles and copy and using an internal and external linking strategy. As a result, this will boost the ranking of your blog posts in search results. You can go further by developing an editorial calendar based on current search trends for your audience.
- Use social media to engage and re-engage. You can promote blog posts via social media with updates that feature attention-grabbing images and copy. Adding hashtags to these posts can help new readers discover your online blog.
- Nurture your audience with an email list. Segment your email list to share content that feels more personalized. Additionally, improve your click-through rate by sharing previews of your blog posts and encouraging recipients to visit your blog for the payoff.
- Promote your blog via partnerships. From being interviewed on a podcast to featuring influential guest bloggers, there are plenty of opportunities to explore.
- Don’t limit yourself to one strategy. For instance, the Content Marketing Institute blog uses a mix of the techniques discussed above with its email list, social media presence and industry contributors.
Quality content is a foundation on which you can grow your online blog. Once you have compelling posts that deliver value, you can focus on optimizing your blog to capture more organic traffic, promoting your content on social media and via your email list, and seeking partnerships that will help you get more exposure.
If you have a content marketing program or are planning one, download our e-book 100 Mistakes Businesses Make When Starting, Optimizing and Scaling Content Marketing Programs.