When done right, blog writing and content marketing can help convert sales prospects into buying customers.
Unfortunately, many companies miss the important link between blogging and sales and fail to take advantage of this simple and effective tool. Or they simply don’t understand the right content strategies to convert sales:
- Authoritative content. Content should provide valuable information in your area of expertise and give users information they did not have before.
- Subtle product promotion. Promote your products without being aggressive or sales-y. For example, in a blog about how important it is to create great content on your site, we’ll let you know that Tempesta Media provides professional blog writing services for companies in a wide variety of industries.
- Cross-promotion. Provide cross-links to other content or pages on your website that are relevant to the content in a blog post. At the end of the post, you can include “related posts” or a “you may also like” feed to keep the reader engaged.
Once you bring prospective customers to your blog, it’s important to have a strategy to move them toward a sale. Here are some of the most effective ways to convert blog traffic into leads:
- Collect contact information. Use tools like a newsletter signup or an e-book download to collect contact information from blog readers.
- Create an email drip campaign. Target prospects with a series of emails to drive them down the sales funnel.
- Provide free tools and resources. Provide valuable information and stay top of mind with lead magnets like a downloadable e-book or a whitepaper.
- Add limited-time promotions. Scarcity often drives buying behavior, so adding a “limited-time offer” to your blog post can encourage someone to take action right away.
Ready to get started?
Blog writing is an important part of a content (and sales) strategy. When you’re ready to start or refresh your content marketing, download our e-book of the 100 mistakes most businesses make when implementing their content strategies.