Content marketing relies on consistency and high-quality content. If you want to drive more traffic, increase sales or even grow your audience, you must have the right content marketing tactics in your marketing strategy.
What are content marketing tactics?
Content marketing tactics are also known as content marketing methods. In short, these tools are designed to help you reach your ideal audience more efficiently.
With this in mind, remember that content marketing tactics are different than your content marketing strategy in that they are the tools that help you achieve your strategy.
What tactics should I use?
Your content marketing strategy is unique and complex. As such, you need access to a variety of tactics that can help you solve any number of problems you may encounter while implementing it. Ultimately, using these tactics to solve your problems can help you expand your audience engagement rates and grow your sales. As a result, the ROI for content marketing is high.
To improve your SEO and on-site traffic, try to:
- Build more landing pages.
- Segment your audience to help boost engagement.
- Target millennials with content that adapts to their devices.
You can also improve your search traffic when you:
- Define your topic areas. When your themes and goals are clearly defined in your article, it will be easier for your audience to perceive value in what you have to say.
- Take advantage of your analytics platform. You track your content for a reason – use your analytical findings to determine trending topics. By comparing your successful articles with your struggling ones, you can alter your content plan to better address the topics your audience wants to read about.
- Use internal links. Incorporating various inbound links within your content will encourage other on-site traffic and boost your engagement rates.
- Be consistent. Even if you don’t have the capacity to publish content daily, you need to keep producing it at a steady frequency to establish consistency and reliability. If you need help managing your content production, consider outsourcing part of it to a third-party solution.
Remember these tactics
To organize and promote your content, try to:
Develop a content marketing calendar.
Schedule time to write blogs.
Repurpose old content in new ways.
Be where your ideal consumer is (i.e., social media).
Promote what you do best via email.
Don’t overlook these five tactics either:
- Use amazing visuals, such as infographics, graphs and charts.
- Create shareable content (like lists and how-tos).
- Engage with a niche audience.
- Publish your content on a variety of platforms (like your blog and LinkedIn).
- Share your content everywhere.
Using content marketing to increase your leads
Tempesta Media created a four-part series focused on content marketing for revenue growth and increasing your sales leads.
In the first part, we discuss content marketing and how to increase your leads. In the second part, we discuss how to use website traffic to increase revenue growth. Furthermore, the third part depicts how to qualify leads and how to narrow your focus. Finally, the fourth part focuses on how to tailor your content marketing efforts to nurture your leads through the sales funnel.
Tempesta Media is a leader in outsourced content marketing. In particular, with our streamlined content marketing platform, we can help you grow your content marketing at scale. Notably, our optimizations for plagiarism, SEO and readability in addition to our integrations with systems like WordPress, HubSpot and Google Analytics can help you create, publish and track your content efficiently.
To learn more, contact us today.