Why do so many companies choose to invest in content development outsourcing? There are many benefits to take advantage of.
Today’s online landscape is incredibly competitive. To keep up, companies need to consistently strive to outshine others in their industry. Most companies, small and large, find they need to invest in content development if they want to compete. However, the key to success isn’t just to do your content marketing well. You need to do it better than your competitors, which may mean seeking the help of content development outsourcing services.
How do outsourced marketing services provide a solution for SMBs?
Small- and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) typically have limited budgets. Not to mention, they have little to no access to a robust marketing team. In response, it’s not unusual for SMBs to find content marketing cumbersome.
Their small teams are often too stretched. Or worse, employees perform double duty with other responsibilities and can never devote enough time or energy to any of their tasks to create quality work. As a result, desired results may not materialize. (In fact, undesirable results may surface.)
If you’re already doing content marketing, you know how challenging it can be to consistently create and publish new material. Outsourcing content marketing offers SMBs the solution by taking some of the time, money, and resource considerations off their plate.
How does content development outsourcing benefit large companies?
Outsourcing content development isn’t just a smart investment for SMBs. Large companies can benefit too. They don’t have to onboard full-time experts to handle content creation, which saves money on onboarding, training, and providing resources for more people.
A content marketing partner also offers a fresh perspective and new messaging ideas, both of which can effectively reach deeper into a targeted audience base. Furthermore, an expert partner can offer you a competitive advantage. For instance, they already know what works – and what doesn’t – for your competitors.
Content experts also tend to keep up with marketing trends. This doesn’t always happen in-house when there are a thousand other tasks to complete. Thus, with a dedicated partner, you’ll gain access to cutting-edge strategies as they emerge.
Why does outsourcing content marketing work?
Regardless of a company’s size, outsourcing content marketing offers a multitude of benefits. So, it’s not surprising that 78% of companies have a content team of 1-3 people. However, this small size puts huge pressure on those select individuals.
Aside from removing internal pressures, consider these other tangible benefits that come with outsourcing your content marketing strategy:
- Quick and easy start. Getting started is key. Simply share your goals with your partner, detail your target audience, and outline your style guide. Your partner will handle the rest and you can see ROI increase.
- Gain expertise. Gaining access to a team of qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable writers can easily breathe new life into your strategy. Let your partner create industry-centric content.
- Eliminate internal bias. With an external team to identify areas of improvement, you can make your content even more effective and boost your publishing abilities.
- Create customer-friendly content. People actively working in an industry tend to speak jargon. This doesn’t always translate well to a customer base. Your partner will ensure that content is written for your target audience and that it solves their pain points in words they can easily understand.
- Cost savings. With content development outsourcing, you empower your staff and bolster your budget. Freeing up these two assets allows you to focus on core competencies and growth, without pouring money down the drain on stagnant marketing strategies or costly employee resources.
Get help from an expert
Outsourcing content writing to an expert third party is a smart move for many businesses, large and small. If you need help with your content strategy, Tempesta Media’s managed solution offers you 360-degree service. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation. We’re happy to answer any questions.