Last Updated on
If your company has a loyalty program, it’s crucial that you always show your customers some type of value. Many companies offer their members tangible items of value, such as discounts or special gifts, but intangible rewards, such as content, can prove to be a smart strategy as well.
Value of content to the customer
Developing brand followers takes time, but it is well worth the investment. Content can keep your customers up to date on announcements, new features, rewards or changes happening with your company, all of which they’re typically interested in receiving since the information directly affects them. You can offer content in a multitude of ways:
Social media posts
Images and videos
DIY presentations (written and/or video)
Offering your followers a variety of content types prevents you from overwhelming or annoying them with repetitive publications while still enabling you to inform them.
Business benefits of offering content
Looking at it from a business perspective, offering content as a part of your loyalty program provides you both tangible and intangible benefits as well:
- It demonstrates your thought leadership and industry expertise by establishing yourself as a trustworthy and credible resource.
- You gain free marketing from your brand’s ambassadors because they are eager to share your content.
- Content generates traffic on your website to improve your website’s visibility and your ability to attract new leads.
- It provides customers an opportunity to directly interact with your brand, especially when you include CTAs for specific steps you want your customers to take next (i.e. email us to learn more, post about us on social media to enter the drawing, call us if you have any questions, etc.).
Content marketing easily helps you grow your level of brand recognition with quantifiable results while also establishing yourself as a company who values open, upfront communication.
Content strategy grows relationships
Offering your customers a steady stream of good content also boosts your communications with them, which will help to solidify and grow your brand-customer relationships:
- Digital communication methods, such as email, social media and texts, offer broad visibility and convenience.
- Content provides your members with a free, valuable resource.
- Consistent content shows your customers you appreciate their business and want to continue to strengthen your relationship with them.
Over time, your customer retention rate will increase because your members will see value in a company that chooses to keep them updated with relevant and important information.
If you integrate your content marketing strategy and customer loyalty program, it can yield big results and prove to provide good ROI. It’s an ideal strategy for small and medium-sized businesses that could benefit from the wide brand exposure this approach can offer.
If you have a content marketing program, or are planning one, download our ebook: 100 mistakes businesses make when starting, optimizing and scaling content marketing programs. Learn from the mistakes of hundreds of other companies. 100 mistakes walks you through common and uncommon challenges that they faced with their content marketing programs.
At Tempesta Media, we can help you choose the right content for your loyal customers. To learn more about our services, contact us today.